Saturday, September 13, 2008

Don't Date Guys Who Are Not Out

So I've been seeing this guy for about two weeks now, and last night he screwed up as per tradition, and when I cut him off he wouldn't stop bothering me. Here is the story in summary, but the point of this blog entry is to capture the conversation we had today.

Me and guy were supposed to go out last night. His neck was sore and he'd been in some argument, so I was trying to be all nice and warm and shit. I took him to a nice bar, got him a drink to relax, offered to give him a massage (which he refused). Meanwhile he asked me "what country are you from again?" I tried to ignore the fact that he apparently hadn't been listening to me and said "Bulgaria". He went "is that even a country?" and at that point I changed the subject.

But anyway, we went to the bar, had a drink, then since he'd mentioned he felt like going to the club I offered to go and we went. Long story short, he said he'd be right back and 20 minutes later he was still nowhere in sight. I danced by myself for some time but felt sick of it, and just left without giving him a notice. I was so pissed that if I had stayed I would probably have made a scene, so I preferred to leave. And today, a long long text message exchange began:

Boy: Sad... U too now... Now you see why I didn't want to go there with you...

Me: Don't mean to preach, but when you go out with someone you go out with someone.

Boy: Ruslan I did go out with you... You didn't have fun? I had fun until you were being mean
(note: eventually he showed up at the dance floor, and acted like everything was fine, so I just turned my back at him and kept dancing)

Boy: You were treating me fucked up... My neck hurts still! I wanted to get drunk man that's why I kept getting beer but it was too painful.. I made a bad decision...

Me: You ditched me in the club. If I wanted to be by myself I wouldn't have called you. Don't play me it's irritating.

Boy: I didn't want to keep asking you to buy me drinks.. I went down stairs to sit and relax.. U didn't come down.. U just wanted to dance.. How am I supposed to force myself to do what you want to do when I'm in pain? U don't have to believe me.

At this point I called him because I was getting sick and tired of his messages and having to type everything, and I explained that if he didn't want to dance, he could just have told me instead of ditch me there and expect me to somehow guess he wants me to follow him. Especially having said he'd be back. He went off about me being so "feisty" and how that was so hot. I was genuinely pissed and explained to him it was not funny, and that I didn't mean to be bad to him, just wanted to give him a piece of advice not to do certain things with the next guy. Oblivious, he just said his neck still hurt and asked whether I would still give him a massage. In 5 more minutes I was just too tired and when he kept inviting himself to my place I said I didn't wanna see him or talk to him. He hung up. And then the text messages resumed:

Boy: Fuck you then dude...
Me: Likewise.
Boy: Damn it!! Why fuckin u now??
Me: Cut it out and get a grip.
Boy: U only thinkin about yourself.. U don't give a shit about me..
Me: U gotta be fuckin kidding. I took you out 3 times and tried hard 2 get 2 know you even tho you hardly ever talk. Guess what I'm fed up.
Boy: I do talk! Wtf? We had NICE talks.. Now you are lying

(note: Our "nice" talks are me trying to wring out information from him. Every time we met I'd be the one asking questions about the other, sharing experiences, etc. Eventually he also said a couple of things about himself, because I'm good enough to make him loosen up. But it felt like hard work for me. I guess it's just a different perspective.)

At that point I went to my friend and told her the whole story, including the events from the last 2 times (which I won't post because it's a whole nother load of BS). And she was like "just stop responding". I wanted a closure badly, especially since he accused me of lying, but she stopped me. The guy continued to write:

Boy: U just can't handle this.. That's all
Boy: Everyone versus me.. I guess no one is ready.. I am the hottest guy in Seattle anyways.. I dont care

And to show me he didn't care, he called me but my friend hung up. She is the best. And now it's your turn to give me feedback.

No comments: