Friday, September 19, 2008

Some Crappy Poetry

As a good queen, I can travel the spectrum from vulnerable to bitchy and cold in the same day, and here is a sampling of both extremes in poetry. I wrote this on the Sunday after the Saturday Text Message Wars I wrote earlier about.

Untitled 1

Wilderness...
--- save me by your grace
--- I'm a child in the forest
--- waiting, waiting, waiting...

Tenderness...
--- save me by your face,
--- save me with your touch,
--- in the cold of the night
--- be my star and give me light
--- I've been lonely for a while...

Winter days...
--- you're so far away
--- and I am here to stay
--- just like ever and before:
--- waiting, waiting, waiting...



Untitled 2

New days
paint new skies,
and the blues goes on and on
on the old gramophone...
The search, the wait is on.

New face
paints new tears,
and the lies go on and on
till I feel I am done
and it's time to move on.

Pick your dreams
with the care of an old craftsman's hands;
treat your heart
with the care and affection of mother to child.
Don't leave it out on display
for there are many thieves
who would throw it away
in the end.

No comments: